On October 25-26 a training on Municipal Energy Management (MEM), Energy Management Information System (EMIS), Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) in the building sector was held in Tsakhkadzor, Armenia. The event was organized by The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Armenia.
Opening statements were made by UNECE representatives Mr. Oleg Dzioubinski and Ms. Nadejda Khamrakulova.
Mr Matija Vajdic, expert on Energy introduced the international experience. Experts from “Environmental Project Implementation Unit” SA, Yerevan Municpality and other communities of members of The Covenant of Mayors had the opportunity to get answers to their questions and discuss the possibilities of localization the international experience.
The following topics were touched and discussed during the training:
- Understanding the Energy Management and Monitoring, Reporting and Verification in the buildings sector
- Competence to understand the institutional, organizational and legal aspects of energy management and monitoring, reporting and verification at the global and EU level
- Knowledge to organize the Municipal Energy Management (MEM) as part of the national Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) system
- Knowledge to use existing or organize the development of the Energy Management Information System (EMIS)
- Understanding of the energy auditing process and confidence in using multicriteria analysis tools
- Ability to use and understand the funding possibilities for energy efficiency measures in buildings
The Event was broadcasted online.
All materials of the training can be found via the following link